I’m a PhD candidate in Caltech’s Department of Computing & Mathematical Sciences. I work on nonlinear convex optimization with Venkat Chandrasekaran and Adam Wierman. Since 2018, I have been fortunate to be supported by an NSF Graduate Research Fellowship.
This website hosts information on my research and professional service activities. Navigate this website with the links at the top-right of each page.
- June 15, 2020: Helen Naumann, Thorsten Theobald, and I have finished our paper “The X-circuits Behind Conditional SAGE Certificates.”
- April 17, 2020: I gave a recorded talk on signomial optimization and “conditional SAGE relaxations” through MIT’s Virtual Seminar on Optimization and Related Areas. See the website’s research tab for more information.
- November 2019: my Facebook internship work on robust market equilibrium was accepted to AAAI 2020. Oral presentation given by coauthor Christian Kroer.
- September – October 2019: I worked at the Max Planck Institute for Mathematics in the Sciences (MPI MiS) in Leipzig, Germany, as a visiting researcher in Bernd Sturmfels’ nonlinear algebra group.
- August 2019: I organized ICCOPT sessions on sparse polynomial optimization (presentations by Venkat Chandrasekaran, Jie Wang, and Henning Seidler), and signomial optimization and log-log convexity (presentations by Berk Orztuk, myself, and Akshay Agarwal).
- June 2019: as part of the SIAM Conference on Applied Algebraic Geometry, I presented my work on “conditional SAGE certificates” for signomial and polynomial nonnegativity.
- May 2019: I gave a recorded talk on SAGE signomials and polynomials at the Banff International Research Station in Canada.
- June – September 2019: I interned at Facebook’s division of Core Data Science, under the supervision of Parikshit Shah.